Courtesy City of Austin
The Austin City Council has 99 items on the agenda for its regular meeting Aug. 23, ranging from an ordinance changing the speed limit on Davis Lane from Brodie Lane to Guidepost Trail to setting a public hearing to consider annexation of the Circuit of The Americas.
Other items include:
Public hearing for 2012-13 proposed budget
• Item 95: Conduct a public hearing to receive public comment on the City of Austin fiscal year 2012-13 proposed budget.
Public hearing on 2012-13 proposed tax rate
• Item 97: Conduct a public hearing on the proposed property (ad valorem) tax rate for fiscal year 2012-13.
Public hearing on Austin Energy rate and fee changes
• Item 96: Conduct a public hearing to receive public comment on the proposed rate and fee changes for Austin Energy as part of the fiscal year 2012-13 proposed budget.
Public hearing on Austin Water Utility rate and fee changes
• Item 94: Conduct a public hearing to receive public comment on the proposed rate and fee changes for Austin Water Utility as part of the fiscal year 2012-13 proposed budget.
Payment for APD helicopter
• Item 49: Authorize award and execution of a contract through the State of Texas Procurement and Support Services Cooperative Program administered by the State of Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts with American Eurocopter Corporation for the purchase of a helicopter for the Austin Police Department in an amount not to exceed about $2.6 million.
Recognitions of Central Texas Olympians
• Item 74: Approve a resolution directing the city manager to assist in planning an event in September to recognize Central Texas Olympic athletes and coaches.
Increase jobs at Austin Energy facilities
• Item 3: Approve an ordinance amending the fiscal year 2011-12 Support Services Fund Operation Budget (Ordinance no. 20110912-005) to increase the number of authorized positions by 28 within the Building Services Department to provide custodial services at several Austin Energy facilities.
Setting compensation and benefits for various city employees
• Items 61-64: Approve resolutions relating to the compensation and benefits for the city clerk, municipal court clerk, city auditor and city manager.
The City Council is scheduled to meet at 10 a.m. Aug. 23 at Austin City Hall, 301 W. Second St. For more information, contact the city clerk at 974-2210.