This section of Hwy. 95 is home to a wide variety of locally owned businesses as well as H-E-B and Walmart.
1. Steakhouse and buffet Sirloin Stockade, 3607 N. Main St., has been serving Taylor since the early 1990s. The restaurant offers an all-you-can-eat hot and cold buffet , 352-9424, www.stockadecompanies.com
2. AAA Storage, 3706 N. Main St., provides storage units and offers on-site resident managers, a computerized, password-protected gate, a security fence and lights and moving truck access. 352-5588, www.aaa-storage.com
3. Beran’s Outdoor Power has been serving Taylor and the surrounding area since 2003 and moved to its current location at 4408 N. Main St. in 2009. The business repairs and carries parts for equipment, including lawn mowers, generators, trimmers and small engines. They are also an authorized, independent dealer for Toro lawn mowers and Echo power equipment. 352-7750, www.beransope.com
4. Boyar Automotive, located behind Beran’s Outdoor Power, is a family-owned business that offers repair work on brakes, clutches and engines, as well as oil changes, check-ups, computer diagnostics and scheduled maintenance. Jon Boyar is an ASE Certified Master Technician with more than 20 years of experience. 352-1800, www.boyarautomotive.com
5. Choice Bagging Equipment Ltd. manufacturers bag-filling machinery and its components. The company, located at 2561 N. Hwy. 95, has been in business for 16 years and ships both nationally and internationally. 352-3694 www.findtherightbagger.com
6. Durable Coating Services, 2561 N. Hwy. 95, is an environmentally friendly company that uses powder coating as an alternative to wet paints. The business provides powder and spray coatings, media blasting and stripping for industrial, automotive and residential purposes. 554-1616, www.durablecoatingservices.com
7. Graef Veterinary Hospital provides basic veterinary treatments for both large and small animals. The business, located at 4110 N. Main St., provides services such as vaccinations, spaying and neutering and microchipping. The animal hospital also offers grooming services by Janet Graef. 352-8897
8. Paul’s Pools and Spas has been in business for more than 25 years and moved to its current location at 4208 N. Main St. six years ago. The business offers pool maintenance products and services. Paul’s Pools and Spas also offers pool chemicals, nonchlorine pool sanitizers and parts for filters and motors. 352-8857, www.paulspoolservice.com
9. Located in Taylor since 1983, Taylor Cleaners, 3605 N. Main St., Ste. 101, offers dry cleaning, laundry and alteration services. 365-7994
10. Trinity Lutheran Church of Taylor has been located in the city for 61 years. The congregation moved to the current building at 3505 N. Main St. in 1976. Services by Rev. B.G. Niemtschk are held at 8 a.m. and 10:15 a.m. on Sunday mornings, and Sunday school begins at 9:15 a.m. The Trinity Child Development Center offers day care and two-day mothers day out programs. 352-6958, www.trinity-taylor.org
Future land use
11. Construction on Main Street Commons, a 75-unit affordable housing development for seniors in Taylor, is expected to begin in early 2012, with units available in early 2013. The development will be a four-story, 80,000-square-foot, gated community built on 2.82 acres for people age 55 or older who have an income level of $15,000 to $35,000 per year, www.hermankittle.com
This is a sample of businesses and organizations in the area. The list is not comprehensive.