1. This Texas Department of Transportation office is part of the state’s Materials and Pavements Section. The office includes multiple labs and employs nearly 190 people. 9500 N. Lake Creek Parkway
2. Cigna Supplemental Benefits, 11200 Lakeline Blvd., Ste. 100, occupies 65,000 square feet of space within the Parkline office park, where it relocated in 2008. Nearly 350 employees work at this location, which oversees the company’s supplemental health benefits and medicare supplements, and administers some long-term care services. Cigna purchased the division from Great American Financial on Aug. 31.
3. Taylor Morrison relocated in February from Southwest Austin to 11200 Lakeline Blvd., Ste. 150, to be closer to its homebuilding projects at Crystal Falls in Leander. Building homes in Austin since 2000, the company hosts its main office, design center and 30 employees at the Parkline office park, which was constructed in 2007.
4. Kohl’s department store, 11111 Lakeline Blvd., opened 11 years ago as part of the Parkline Shopping Center.
5. Wiss, Janney, Elstner Associates Inc., an engineer and architectural firm, opened its new Austin office at 9511 N. Lake Creek Parkway on Sept 8. The new 13,000-square-foot building incorporates green technology, concrete testing labs and other efficiencies not featured at the company’s previously leased location.
6. Indigo Apartments, managed by Greystar Real Estate Services and developed by HPI Residential LLC, will feature 325 units over 18.22 acres at 10800 Lakeline Blvd. Tenants could begin moving into the single-story units by December. The complex will feature one- to three-bedroom apartments ranging from 657 to 1,1315 square feet. Amenities include some backyards, wooded views, a pet park and multilevel pool.
7. Visual computing technologies company NVIDIA, 11001 Lakeline Blvd. Bldg. 2, Ste. 100, is one of four tenants in The Crossings at Lakeline office park. The company creates mobile processors in the latest Android smartphones, graphic processors in computers and game consoles. Based in Santa Clara, Calif., this location features 250 employees and has been open since 2000.
8. Based in Austin since 2000, social game maker Zynga, 11001 Lakeline Blvd., Bldg. 1, is responsible for such titles as FarmVille, Words With Friends, Mafia Wars and others. The San Francisco-based company hosts 305 million monthly active users across multiple platforms.
9. Tanisys Technology, 11001 Lakeline Blvd., Bldg. 1, Ste. 150, is an Austin-based company that specializes in semiconductor test equipment, among other technology-based services and products. The company was founded in 1992.
10. Standard Pacific Homes, 11001 Lakeline Blvd., Bldg. 1, Ste. 100, hosts its design center and division Austin at The Crossings at Lakeline. The company has been in Austin more than 15 years.
11. Northwoods at Avery Ranch is a new residential community under the initial phases of development on land owned by Trio Development. Drees Homes, Grand Haven Homes and Standard Pacific Homes will be involved in constructing separate living concepts during the first phase, while David Weekley Homes and Scott Felder Homes will help create the community’s second residential phase.
Trio also has a road district agreement in place with Williamson County to help extend Staked Plains Drive down to Lakeline Boulevard, creating an intersection with Lyndhurst Street. There will also be a clubhouse and pool just for Northwoods residents, who will not be part of the Avery Ranch Homeowner’s Association.
Drees Homes is constructing 66 single-family units that will be at least 2,800 square feet and cost at least $370,000. Homes should be ready for occupants starting in April.
Grand Haven Homes features 94 single-family home lots and a walk-and-leave lifestyle for people seeking to live near the train station.
A new homeowners association will address landscaping.
Construction will begin on the gated community in November and take approximately 60 to 90 days to complete. Homes will range from 1,300 to 1,767 square feet and begin in the low $200,000 price range. Standard Pacific will feature homes in the $300,000 range. Construction will start this winter.