Photo courtesy City of Colleyvil
Residents encouraged to join city boards, commissions
The city is seeking applicants from residents who want to serve on the city’s boards, commissions and committees. Spots are available to join:
- Planning and Zoning Commission
- Zoning Board of Adjustment
- Economic Development Corporation Board
- Library Board
- Historical Preservation Committee
- Metroport Teen Court Advisory Board
- Senior Center Advisory Committee
Application forms are available at the city secretary’s office or online at www.colleyville.com. Completed applications will be accepted from July 2 to Aug. 31. Email completed applications to email@example.com or fax to 817-503-1139. For more information, call 817-503-1130.
City delays talk on $57M senior living development
The Colleyville City Council has pushed discussion of a large senior living development to its October meeting to allow residents and Cirrus Health CEO Don Wilson more time to discuss the plan.
Wilson’s team is seeking to rezone property between Wayne Drive and Bedford Court for a four-piece project catering to people ages 55 and older called Heritage Farms, including:
- The Homestead at Heritage Farms (15,000 square feet of retail and office space)
- The Inn at Heritage Farms (74 assisted living beds and 54 memory care beds)
- The Residences at Heritage Farms (150 independent living residences)
- The Cottages at Heritage Farms (12 independent living cottages)
Residents who spoke in opposition of the proposed development at previous City Council meeetings expressed concerns that Heritage Farms could potentially lower their residential property values and add to existing traffic problems in the area.