Kuykendahl extension delayed
Construction on the 1/2-mile extension of Kuykendahl Road between Crownridge Drive and FM 1488 has been pushed back because of environmental clearance issues. The project was scheduled to be bid out to a contractor in July, but that date has been pushed back to October, Woodlands Township director Mike Bass said.
Although the plan was initially scheduled on the Houston-Galveston Area Council’s Regional Transportation Report to begin in October, the Texas Department of Transportation moved the expected start date up to July, Bass said.
He said TxDOT is awaiting final clearance from the Army Corps of Engineers on a 180-foot bridge that will be constructed over wetlands before starting the project.
Construction on the project should take about six months to complete.
The road extension is the final portion missing from Kuykendahl Road that would connect the roadway east to west entirely through The Woodlands.
The cost of the project is $2.7 million, of which Montgomery County is paying 20 percent, or about $540,000, while TxDOT is paying the remaining 80 percent, or about $2.16 million.