Cedar Park city staffers have selected four park and transportation projects they would like to see funded in part by the 4B Community Development Board. more »
Joe Lanane joined Community Impact Newspaper in April 2012. He specializes in business and development news and serves as editor for the Leander and Cedar Park coverage area. Lanane's previous newspaper experience includes stints in Stillwater, Okla., and Milwaukee.
Costco broke ground recently on its future Cedar Park location, and at least two familiar national chains will be joining the warehouse retailer. more »
Torchy's Tacos is expected to open its Cedar Park location by early fall—maybe even sooner, confirmed Tom Terkel, developer for the project. more »
U.S. Rep. John Carter, R-Round Rock, offered a sneak peek at a new U.S. House of Representatives immigration reform bill May 28 during a Greater Leander Chamber of Commerce luncheon. more »
If consistency is key, then Great Wall Restaurant owner Hai Lim has found a winning formula for success after more than five years of business in Leander. more »
At J&J BBQ and Burgers in Cedar Park, regulars make up about 80 percent of the customer base, six-year owner John Estlinbaum said. The other 20 percent, he said, come because of word of mouth—mostly from those same regulars. more »
After serving as the namesake for Tony’s Cafe in Leander, this time it was owner Tony Mejia’s wife’s turn to take the spotlight when he opened Gloria’s Cafe on May 3 in Cedar Park. more »